1. Sleep in: After all, you paid for a beachfront condo with views of the water. Open a window and let the sound of the waves lull you into a deep sleep.
2. Lay on the beach: Never pass up the opportunity to get more rest, especially on the shore. Your condo rental should come standard with beach service. Let them set up your chair and umbrella while you keep on keepin’ on.
3. Go to a movie: There’s something special about cuddling up in your favorite sweater in a chilly movie theater and catching the latest flick. Take advantage, and take advantage often. Parents of young children will understand this. Once you have Thing One and Thing Two running around, your spontaneous movie nights are over.
4. Get a massage: Jen Townsend of Mobile Massage Therapy in Destin will come to your home or condo and help you de-stress and unwind. She sets up in a quiet room or outside so the sounds and smells of the ocean can help send you into a deep state of relaxation.
5. Stand up paddleboarding: An active lifestyle has its relaxing perks, too. Paddleboarding is an easy to learn, non-strenuous activity that is both relaxing and exhilarating. To shake up your exercise routine, try stand up paddleboard yoga.
6. Pontoon boat rental: Step 1: Rent pontoon boat. Step 2: Take pontoon boat to Crab Island. Step 3: Commence to chill out and party.
7. Sunset sailing: Book a sailing charter and sip on cocktails while taking in the unparalleled beauty of an iconic Gulf of Mexico sunset. Watching the sun disappear into the ocean while gently rocking to the waves relaxes the senses and calms the mind. And a little alcohol doesn’t hurt either.
Photo Credit here.