Traffic in Destin has a tendency to get a little backed up. Ok-really backed up. Only one major highway provides access to beaches, restaurants, and activities in Destin. When you’re excited to be arriving in a beach paradise, slow moving traffic to your long awaited destination can really put a damper on things. Here are five ways to deal with summer traffic in Destin.
1. Travel Early: Traffic in Destin tends to be light early in the day. So if you can, plan your activities early. (That goes double for shopping.)
2. Stay Close: Whether visiting the beaches of 30A, Scenic Hwy. 98, or Destin Harbor, staying close to the attractions you want to enjoy will cut down on travel time and allow you to explore the culture a little deeper.
3. Go with the Flow: Beach life is all about slowing down and enjoying the simple things. This concept can easily be applied to the traffic situation. Think of it as practice for retirement.
4. Take Turns: Being in an unfamiliar place is exciting and taking in the sights can be distracting-especially when you’re driving. Unfortunately, that is how accidents happen. Take turns driving so that everyone can do a little sightseeing and give your full attention to the road. The last thing you want is to be dealing with insurance adjusters while on vacation!
5. Play some Reggae Music: Reggae slows your heartbeat to a relaxing pace and gives an island vibe. It is the perfect music genre for beach goers and road-ragers alike since it calms the nerves and instantly puts you in a good mood. So crank out some tunes and enjoy the ride.