This Fourth of July is a wet one. Fireworks shows are being cancelled due to inclement weather and Independence Day plans are up in the air. Don’t worry, Destin still has plenty to do when the weather is less than beachy. Here are the top five things to do in Destin on a rainy day.
5. Shopping: Destin is home to three major shopping attractions: Silver Sands Outlets, Grand Boulevard, and Destin Commons. Silver Sands Outlet Mall features factory direct merchandise from major brands like Ralph Lauren, Michael Kors, Carters, and more. Destin Commons is a local favorite and home to Victoria’s Secret, Bass Pro Shops, and Sephora. Grand Boulevard offers a luxe shopping experience for patrons of Tommy Bahama’s, J. Crew, and others.
4. Laser Tag: Fat Daddy’s Arcade features Skee Ball, Guitar Hero, and other interactive games. Kids and kids-at-heart can win tickets to trade for cool prizes. Fat Daddy’s also has a dining area that serves sandwiches, salads, and pizzas for the whole family. While the kids play, adults can kick back with a brew and take in all the fun.
3. Bowling: Hurricane Lanes bowling alley features 26 lanes and Hurricane Bowling each night. Other attractions include pool tables, arcade, and air hockey. Cabana Café serves hand tossed pizzas, burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches and salads for easy meal options on site. Rupert’s Sports Bar serves the 21 and older crowd on site as well.
2. Movies: Destin is home to the newly opened Carmike Cinemas Boulevard 10 Theater at Grand Boulevard and the AMC Theater located at Destin Commons. Both theaters offer exceptional movie going experiences with stadium seating, concessions, and the latest summer blockbusters.
1. Relax: If your vacation rental is beachfront, watch the storm roll in over the gulf for a truly relaxing experience. Veg out, cuddle up on the sofa with a blanket, and watch movies all day. Rain is Mother Nature’s way of forcing you to be still. Take advantage.